All users must affirm that they have read and will comply with Policy 121 (Use of Tennessee Tech Property by Affiliated Users and for Free Speech Activities) which may be accessed through our Policy Central website
Non-affiliated users must submit a "Non-Affiliated Application" via this Tennessee Tech Event Space Reservation System and receive approval from the Dean of Students and the Vice President for Student Affairs prior to any Free Speech Activities.
1. Under the "Details" tab above, complete the questions on the application, affirm that you have read and agree to comply with Policy 121 (Use of Tennessee Tech Property by Affiliated Users and for Free Speech Activities), and click "Submit."
2. The Dean of Students' office will contact you via the email address you provided in the application within five (5) business days to:
- Confirm the Dean of Students and Vice President for Student Affairs' approval,
- Request additional or clarifying information, or
- Deny the request and provide the reason for denial.
Applications by users who do not respond to requests for additional or clarifying information with five (5) business days will be denied.LOCATION FOR NON-AFFILIATED FREE SPEECH ACTIVITIES
Upon approval of an application, a non-affiliated user may use only the stage area (OUTS - CENT STAGE/SOUTH) of Centennial Plaza for free speech activities. You may search for potential availability of Centennial Plaza stage area by using the "When and Where" box on the left side of this screen and entering the date and time you wish to speak at Tennessee Tech. Under "Setup Information" enter a number greater than 0 in the "Attendance" field and click "Check Availability."
TTU Policy 121, Section V.F.
Tennessee Tech Rule 0240-09-06-.03(5)]